Sunday, February 22, 2009

Reap the Whirlwind

My head is still spinning.

Friends, it has been a formidable last few weeks in my little corner of the world, but I'm up to the challenges.

Sometimes it takes a good long while to let themes take root in my wee brain... I realize (with much delight) that I am not the petty woman that I was a few short years ago. I've had experiences and joys that I never dreamed possible, and certainly would have never come to fruition when I was in the phase of self destruction and denial.

Those of you that know me well are very acutely aware of the phase of which I speak - some of you saw me at my lowest point. I realize now that it must have been very difficult to watch me ignore my potential, logic, and my heart over and over.

...I digress...

This last week held quite a few jolts from my past as well as my future.

First, I FINALLY received the title to my motorcycle. I feel like a 200 lb. anvil has floated away on Angel's wings. Within a matter of hours the last tie will be cut and I'll finally be free to enjoy a preserved bit of property. I can invest time and money without risk.

Second, Friday night I found myself in a humorous position that I swore I'd avoid. Fate has a sense of humor (as do I) and it was quite poetic to kiss the blonde goodbye and go home with my sweetie.

Third, It was nice to party like a rock star... I kept my head when it would have been so easy to go off the deep end.

I felt like this last weekend really closed the book on an important chapter of my life. J and I found a beautiful house and we are moving on the 15th - so we are in the midst of a flurry of action and excitement. We are thrilled that our hard work has finally paid off, and look forward to our new home. It is time to leave this small house, and move on to new memories.

2 comments:

scsmiles99 said...

Cheers! To new endeavors, new experiences and love!

paula said...

Ah yes, most certainly to *real* Love~